Connect with Tara
The Triangle Area including Durham NC, Raleigh NC, Chapel Hill NC, Creedmoor NC, Cary, Oxford NC, Henderson NC, Wake Forest NC
What is a Doula?
A birth doula is professionally trained; knowledgeable about birth; and provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to expectant women and their spouses/partners before, during, and after birth.
Role of the Doula?
As a DONA certified birth doula, I provide assistance to husbands, partners, or other family members, who want to be actively involved in the birth experience. As your doula, I will provide physical, emotional, and informational support to you and your partner throughout labor and early postpartum. Support includes: reassuring words, touch/massage, positioning for comfort or to assist with labor progression, and other non-medicated comfort measures.
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
My Birth Doula Services Include:
- Initial consultation: One meeting to discuss my experiences, training, and practices as a birth doula as well as for you to share your desires and wishes for your labor and birth.
- Prenatal Meeting: Additional 1-2 meetings prior to birth to provide additional education, practice skills, or to review birth wish list.
- Labor and Birth services: On-call starting 2 weeks prior to your estimated due date and up to 2 weeks after your estimated due date.
- Continuous support from the onset of labor up to 2 hours after birth.
- Capture photos of new family immediately after the birth using your camera/mobile device.
- Provide a detailed written birth summary within one month after your birth.
- Postpartum visit: One postpartum visit.
My Back-up Doula
To ensure that your birth is covered, I work with a group of doulas, who provides back-up coverage for me. Arrangements will be made for you to meet the back-up doula prior to your estimated due date and/or prior to you making a decision on hiring me as your doula.
Birth Doula Fee:
$700; Note: ½ of fee is due when you decide to reserve my birth doula services and the remaining balance is due at least one week prior to your due date. Reservations can be made as early in your pregnancy as you desire. Please email me at email@example.com to check availability.
Would you like to learn more about my doula services?