for Childbirth Education
and Doula Services
The Birth Library is your resource for credible, evidence based information and resources. As a Lamaze birth educator and DONA birth doula, I am committed to providing quality education and services to you and your birth partner(s).
As a Lamaze educator, my vision is aligned with Lamaze International’s vision that “knowledgeable parents will make informed decisions”! I am committed to helping parents explore and choose healthy birth practices that promote, protect, and support your body’s ability to give birth.
The following Six Healthy Birth Practices, as developed by Lamaze International, are derived from the best evidence based research available:
- Let labor begin on its own,
- Walk, around, and change positions throughout labor,
- Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support,
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary,
- Avoid giving birth on your back, and follow you body’s urge to push, and
- Keep your baby with you – it’s best for you, your baby, and breastfeeding.
The Six Healthy Birth Practices are foundational to my teaching and my support as a birth doula.For more information about the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices, visit http://www.lamaze.org/HealthyBirthPractices.
If you agree with the practices, allow me to serve as your Lamaze educator or as your birth doula!